Monday, June 15, 2009

Succeeded today making a nice stretcher frame

The miter saw that I have is identical to a Makita Compound Miter Saw LS1040, the only thing is that it does not carry the Makita brand. I looked through the manual to find if I could make any adjustments so that it cuts the true miter angle that I need. Indeed: I was able to loosen the 4 bolts in the back that hold the 'guide fence' (the piece of metal where the wood slides along to). I took an angle held it against the saw blade, then moved the 'guide fence' against my angle and tightened the four bolts again. Did some cuts and I managed to glue the four pieces together without too much trouble that I had before. There's another thing: the axle that holds the motor has a slight play in it, if I make a cut would push the motor not straight down, my angle would be wrong again. I don't think I can adjust the tightness of the axel holding the motor frame... Anyways, great improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment