Thursday, June 11, 2009

Inspired by Hazel Dooney to start this blog

I've had a website www.dimitrios-art.com for as long as I can remember. I still remember the moment when I did it: it was exciting to be able to show my art to the world. Today, I am again having this feeling. In a way it's almost unbelievable why I only start now with a blog. I must say, I have been a bit dissapointed with the results of the site on its own for many years. But then came Twitter, Facebook etc... I was on Twitter, but not for my art perse.

A couple of days ago I was again whining about the hard time I encounter to get my art out... It just dawned on me to start a Twitter. I did, and searched a bit for art related twits. Followed some interesting people- and all of a sudden got a good vibe by following the links posted. I felt I was a part of the people I wanted to be a part of! Now after some hours of surfing I followed a twit of @InternetArtist talking about the cool art of Hazel Dooney, a young very successful female artist from Australia. Her art is cool, and what is striking is that she has success not through the conventional gallery system but entirely through her hard work of course but through the internet. She has a fantastic and inspiring blog. All this got me super excited and hence I started my own Twitter @DimitriosArt and this blog http://dimitriosart.blogspot.com

Wish me luck... I am excited! I feel a sense of renewed passion for what I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment